Marcie Weissner, MSN, RNC-OB
Phone: 260.399.7700, ext. 8595
- Post-MSN Certificate in Perinatal Nursing – Gannon University, 1996
- Master of Science in Nursing – Gannon University, 1992
- Registered Nurse, Certified in Obstetrics (RNC-OB), inpatient obstetrics
Awards and Recognition
- Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers – 2000, 2004, 2005, 2007
- Customer Service Award – University of Saint Francis, 2002
- Childbirth Education Association of Erie, Pa., 1987
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honors Society of Nursing, 1973
- Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN)
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honors Society of Nursing
- Xi Nu Chapter-at-Large charter member
- Xi Nu Chapter-at-Large steering committee member
- Eta Xi Chapter
- Alpha Mu Chapter
- National League for Nursing (NLN)
- Weissner, M. (September 2009). Finding Balance in the Faculty Role. Illumination, 2(2).
- Weissner, M. (February 2009). PAR-Test Test Authoring Software: An Overview. Illumination, 1(13).
- Weissner, M. (2001). Invited Article in a Non-Refereed Publication: Xi Nu at-Large Chapter History (invited article in non-refereed publication). In Book of Histories. Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing: Indianapolis, Ind.
- Weissner, M. (November 1995). Generations. Think: The Magazine of Case Western Reserve University.
- Weissner, M. (1992). A Study to Determine the Relationship Between Attitude Toward and Knowledge of Menopause in Premenopausal and Menopausal Women (Unpublished thesis). Gannon University, Erie, Pa.
- “Using High Fidelity Simulation to Engage Learners in High Risk – Low Occurrence Situations,” podium co-presenter – Fort Wayne Teaching Conference; February 2010, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- “She’s Bleeding: What Do We Do? Using High-Fidelity Simulators to Teach Postpartum Hemorrhage,” poster co-presenter – AWHONN National Convention; June 2009, San Diego, Calif.
- “She’s Bleeding! What Do We Do?” co-presenter – METI Conference: Human Patient Simulation in Nursing; March 2009, Tampa, Fla.
- “7 Principles of Good Practice in Education,” co-presenter – Scholarship of Teaching, Department of Nursing, University of Saint Francis; April 2013, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- “Advising (Legal Issues),” co-presenter – Scholarship of Teaching, Department of Nursing, University of Saint Francis; October 2013, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- “Clinical Evaluation” – Scholarship of Teaching, Department of Nursing, University of Saint Francis; November and December 2010, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- “Using SafeAssign: Screening for Plagiarism Issues” – Faculty Development Day, School of Health Science, University of Saint Francis; May 2009, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- “Item Writing Workshop: Presentation from ATI Item Writing Workshop in 2008,” co-presenter – Faculty-at-Large Meeting, Department of Nursing, University of Saint Francis; September 2008, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- “Test Construction 1.0,” co-presenter – presentation for new and seasoned faculty, Department of Nursing, University of Saint Francis; February 2007, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- “Evaluating Printed Education Materials” – School of Health Sciences, University of Saint Francis; August 2006, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- “Pilot: 3-hour Final Exam” – ASN Scholarship of Teaching, Department of Nursing, University of Saint Francis; May 2005, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- “Exam Blueprints” – Brown Bag Lunch Series, University of Saint Francis; December 2003, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- “Simulation in Nursing Education at USF,” co-presenter – Fort Wayne Engineer’s Club; February 2009
Fort Wayne, Ind.
- “Implications of NCLEX Results for LCHP (program strengths and weaknesses),” with Joyce Grotrian, MSN – Lutheran College of Health Professions, 1997-1998
Fort Wayne, Ind.
- “Predicting NCLEX Results in Baccalaureate Nursing Programs,” with Alice Conway, Ph.D., RNC – Gannon University, 1995-1996
- “The Effect of Educational Intervention on Attitudes Toward and Knowledge of Menopause in Premenopausal and Menopausal Women” – graduate program research (thesis), Gannon University, 1992
In the Community
- Fort 4 Fitness, children’s marathon pre-training assessments, June 2011
- Community Disaster Drill, 2008
- Focus on Health, University of Saint Francis, 2006-present
- Healthy Cities Health Fair for the Under- and Uninsured, Fort Wayne, 2005-present
- Blood pressure monitoring volunteer, 1998-present
- Student Nurses Association and American Red Cross, blood donor, 2004-present
- Five-gallon donor, Erie, Pa.
- AIDS Walk, USF Nursing and Student Nurses Association walking team, 1999, 2003-2005
- YMCA Y-Bike-at-Night volunteer, 2006-2007
- CROP Hunger Walk, 1999-2002
- Fourth highest fundraiser in Allen County, 2000
- Project Linus, project day coordinator and crafter of quilts, 2004-2013
- Habitat for Humanity
- Build Day volunteer, 2006, 2008, 2009
- Fundraising volunteer, 2001-2009
- City-wide Clean-Up (Keep Indiana/America Beautiful), Fort Wayne, 2002-2003
- Junior Achievement Grand Prix volunteer, 1998, 1999
- Letter Carriers’ Food Drive volunteer, 1998-present
- Public TV volunteer, auctions, membership drives, Fort Wayne, Ind., and Erie, Pa., 1992-present
First Presbyterian Church, Fort Wayne
- Personnel Committee, 2008-2009, 2010-2013, 2013-2016
- Elder (Ruling Elder), 2002-2006, 2012-present
- Spiritual Formation Committee, chair, 2012-present
- Budget Committee, 2003-2005, 2012-present
- Presbyterian Women, service projects, 2012-present
- Search Committee for Director of Music/Organist (personnel liaison), 2012
- Officer Nominating Committee, 2010-2011
- Disaster Response Team, 2009-2010
- Bible School volunteer, 2008-present
- Search Committee for Senior Pastor/Head of Staff, chair, 2007-2008
- Congregational Life and Discipleship Ministry, vice chair and secretary, 2006-2009
View Marcie Weissner’s curriculum vitae.