Nancy Gillespie, PhD, RN
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing-University of Texas at Austin
- Master of Science Nursing Administration-Medical College of Wisconsin
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing-University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Public Health Nursing
- Integrative Health
- Adult Health
- 2009-Present American Holistic Nurses Association
- 1976-Present American Nurses Association (ANA)
- 1995-Present American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN)
- 2000-Present Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- 2006-Present Heart of Everything – Honduran Education Non-Profit- Board of Directors
- 2000-Present Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS)
- 1989-Present National League for Nursing (NLN)
- 1989-Present Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society
Awards & Recognition
- McMillen Center for Health Education Vitality Awards 2015 Health Education Award Winner May 14, 2015
- The Fort Wayne Chamber Athena Leadership Award Finalist April 11, 2013
- Indiana’s News Center 21 Alive Women in Leadership Award In Recognition of Superior Leadership October 25, 2007
- Midwest Medical Research Foundation & Indiana University School of Medicine Recognition and Plaque for consistent participation as both a Research Fellow and
- Student Preceptor 9/93 – 9/97 August 1997
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Nursing Research Registry: Dissertation Abstract One Day at a Time: Women’s Experiences of Living With HIV/AIDS in Low Prevalence Areas of the Midwest October 11, 1996
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing President of Xi Nu Chapter 1995-97
- The University of Texas at Austin Nominated: Outstanding Dissertation of the Year August 11, 1995
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing Xi Nu Chapter 1995 Achievement in Nursing Award May 18, 1995
- Saint Francis College Saint Francis College Alumni Association Recognition Award June 25, 1994
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing Xi Nu Chapter – Saint Francis College Inducted June 3, 1994
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing Epsilon Theta Chapter – The University of Texas at Austin Inducted May 16, 1991
- Nightingale Gillespie, N. & Johnson, D. (2015). Stories of the journey: Using the power of story to flip this online course. In H. Blythe, C. Sweet, & R. Carpenter (Eds.), It works for me, flipping the classroom (pp.35-37). Stillwater, OK: New Forum Press.
- Sauter, M. K., Nightingale Gillespie, N. & Knepp, A. R. (2012). Educational program evaluation in D. M. Billings & J. A. Halstead (Eds.), Teaching in Nursing: A Guide for Faculty 4th Edition. Elsevier St. Louis, MO
- Nightingale Gillespie, N., & Arnold, L. (November 2010). Strategic Planning: Circle of Boredom or Arc of Interest? in M. Wilson Illumination, Vol 3, Issue 3, Fort Wayne, IN
- Nightingale Gillespie, N. (2010). Franciscan Social Change Model of Leadership, University of Saint Francis, Fort Wayne, IN.
- Nightingale Gillespie, N. (2009). USF Unique Characteristics, University of Saint Francis, Fort Wayne, IN
- Sauter, M. K., Johnson, D.R., & Nightingale Gillespie, N. (2009). Educational program evaluation in D. M. Billings & J. A. Halstead (Eds.), Teaching in Nursing: A Guide for Faculty 3rd Edition . Elsevier St. Louis, MO
- Nightingale Gillespie, N. & Arnold, L. (2009). P & T: What’s It All About? In M. Wilson Illumination, Volume 2, Issue 4, Fort Wayne, IN.
- Arnold, L., & Nightingale Gillespie, N. (2009). School of Health Sciences: How Do I Fit In? In Wilson Illumination, Volume 2, Issue 13, Fort Wayne, IN.
- Nightingale Gillespie, N. & Johnson, D. R. (2006). Heresy in education: Combining ASN and BSN students in the classroom to teach differentiated practice. New York: National League for Nursing. (submitted for publication to Nursing Education Perspectives: The Official Journal of the National League for Nursing).
- Nightingale Gillespie, N. (2005). Story in From the heart pp133-136. Fort Wayne, Indiana: SCAN (Stop Childhood Abuse and Neglect) by Tobin-Smith, R. & Johnson, D.
- Nightingale Gillespie, N. (2004). Blended Families: Precious Patchwork Quilts. University of Saint Francis Mirror, January Issue. Fort Wayne, IN January 2004.
- Nightingale Gillespie, N. (2004) Commentary on Sandelowski and Barroso’s Motherhood in the context of maternal HIV infection. published in Evidenced-Based Nursing 7(3).
- Nightingale Gillespie, N. (2003) Commentary on Rhodes and Cusick’s Stories of both agency and acceptability were identified in accounts of HIV infected individuals having unprotected sex published in Evidenced-Based Nursing 6(2).
- Nightingale Gillespie, N. (1998) Commentary on Cobb, Bott and O’Connell’s A qualitative/interpretive taxonomy of stop smoking strategies (QU/ITS) published in Evidenced-Based Nursing 1(3).