Lorie Lucas, MSN, RN
Phone: 260.399.7700, ext. 8542
- Master of Science in Nursing – University of Saint Francis, 2009
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing – Bowling Green State University, 1987
- Certified Nurse Educator
- Progressive Critical Care Nursing certification
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support certification
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) instructor
- Core Disaster Life Support certification
- Certified TB test administrator
Awards and Recognitions
- Values in Action Award – University of Saint Francis, 2012
- Northeast Indiana Organization of Nurse Executives Scholarship, 2007
- Outstanding Academic Achievement, MSN – University of Saint Francis, 2009
- Outstanding Clinical Achievement, MSN – University of Saint Francis, 2009
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Xi Nu Chapter-at-Large
- American Nurses Association (ANA)
- International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation & Learning
- National League for Nursing (NLN)
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN)
- American Heart Association
- Indiana State Nurses Association (ISNA)
- Lucas, L. (2011). QSEN-Quality and safety education in nursing: Lives depend upon it! Illumination, 3(5), 1-2.
- Lucas, L. (2010). Partnering to enhance the nursing curriculum: Electronic medical record accessibility. Clinical Simulation in Nursing, 6(3), 97-102.
- Lucas, L. (2009). A Closer Look at the Role of Clinical Faculty: Surviving the First Year. Illumination, 2(6), 1-2.
- “Evidence Based Teaching Approaches for Nurse Educators” – Department of Nursing faculty, University of Saint Francis; January 2010
- “Introduction to Quality and Safety Education for Nurses” – BSN seminar, University of Saint Francis; April 2011
- “QSEN Competencies: Beginning Steps to Incorporate QSEN into Curriculum” – Department of Nursing faculty, University of Saint Francis; December 2011
- “Simulation Facilitator” – Simulation Workshop, School of Health Sciences faculty, University of Saint Francis; May 2012
- “Informal Sharing: Unique and Innovative Teaching Tips and Strategies” – Department of Nursing faculty, University of Saint Francis; April 2013
- “Debriefing the Debriefer” – Simulation Workshop, School of Health Sciences faculty, University of Saint Francis; May 2013
- Safe Zone Medication Administration, evidence-based clinical study – with NURS 406 students, Parkview Health; spring 2010
- Charis House
- Martin Luther King Jr. A Day of Caring, University of Saint Francis
- Healthy Cities Health Fair, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Focus on Health, University of Saint Francis
- Differentiating Practice, Parkview Professional Development Day
- American Red Cross Blood Drive
- CPR instructor, University of Saint Francis faculty and staff
View Lorie Lucas’ curriculum vitae.