Margaret Blauvelt, MSN, CNE, RN
Associate Professor of Nursing
Phone: 260.399.7700, ext. 8507
- Master of Science in Nursing – University of Saint Francis, 2004
- Master of Science in Education – Indiana University, 1982
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing – Ball State University, 1972
- Certified Nurse Educator, 2011-2016
- Certified Nurse of the Operating Room, 1982-1987
Awards and Recognitions
- Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers – nominated by former students; 2000, 2004, 2005
- Values in Action Award – University of Saint Francis, 1999
- National League for Nursing (NLN), 2003-present
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, 2003-present
- Nomination Committee, 2004-2005
- Northeast Indiana Organization of Nurse Executives, 2007
- American Nurses Association (ANA), Indiana State Nurses Association (ISNA), 2004-2006
- Education Committee, 2005
Refereed Scholarly Journals
- Blauvelt, M., Erickson, C. Davenport, N., & Spath, M. (2012) Say yes to peer review: A collaborative approach to faculty development. Nurse Educator, 37(3), 126-130.
- Davenport, N., Spath, M., & Blauvelt, M. (2009) A step-by-step approach to curriculum review. Nurse Educator, 34(4), 181-185.
- Blauvelt, M., & Spath, M. (2008). Passing the torch: A faculty mentoring program at one school of nursing. Nursing Education Perspectives, 29(1), 29-33.
- Blauvelt, M. (2011). The Unknown Nurse. The Art of Nursing: Nurturing Hope and Healing. Fort Wayne, Ind.: Parkview Health.
- Blauvelt, M. (2010). A Guide to Bloom’s Taxonomy for Novice Educator. Illumination, 3(1).
- Spath, M., & Blauvelt, M. (2008). Positive Peer Relationships. Illumination, 1(10).
Professional Conferences with Abstracts in Refereed Published Conference Proceedings
- “Passing the Torch: A Faculty Mentoring Program at one School of Nursing” – Drexel University Nursing Education Institute; June 2009
- “Passing the Torch: A Faculty Mentoring Program at one School of Nursing” – Chicago Institute for Nursing Education, Saint Xavier University; 2008
- “The Current State of Nursing Education” – 1957 Class of Saint Joseph School of Nursing, 2007
- “Connectedness” – USF Nursing Recognition and Pinning Ceremony, December 2007
Workshops for Peers
- Mentoring, café session moderator – USF Faculty Development Day, October 2010
- Focus on Health – volunteer; 2007, 2008, 2012
- Allen County Community-Based Participatory Research Project – Advisory Board; 2008-2009
- Allen County Health Disparity Coalition; 2007-2009
- Leo High School Advisory Board – Career Majors Academy, Health and Related Sciences; 2007 to 2009
- Charis House – Martin Luther King Day volunteer
- Hope House volunteer
- Interfaith Hospitality Network of Greater Fort Wayne, Inc. – volunteer
- Northeast Indiana Radio Reading Service – volunteer reader
View Margaret Blauvelt’s curriculum vitae.