Mindy Yoder, DNP, FNP-BC, RN
Dean, School of Health Sciences; Assistant Professor
Phone: 260.399.7700, ext. 8510
- Certificate in Franciscan Studies, University of Saint Francis, Joliet, IL. 2013
- DNP, University of Minnesota, 2011
- MSN, Indiana Wesleyan University, 1996
- BSN, Indiana Wesleyan University, 1993
- Licensed Registered Nurse, 1993-present
- Certified Family Nurse Practitioner, American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), 1996-present
- Clinical practice in multiple family practice, occupational health and long-term care settings
- TB certification
- Currently practicing occupational health
- ANCC Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner since 1996; practice experience in various family practice, occupational health and long term care settings
- DOT-NRCME Medical Examiner Certification, 2014
- Two-year $550,000+ HRSA Advanced Education Nurse Traineeship (AENT) Grant – for family nurse practitioner student scholarships at the University of Saint Francis
- $850 University of Minnesota Scholarship – for presentation of doctor of nursing practice project at Midwest Nursing Research Society Annual Conference in Dearborn, Mich.; April 2012
- $2,300 Student Research Fellowship Grant – Midwest Alliance for Health Education for quality improvement initiative with Parkview Health (Spring, 2011)
- Commissioned as ministerial leader, 2015 (2-year Franciscan Leadership Enhancement Program)
- Promotion to Associate Professor, effective fall 2013
- Service Engagement Award Nominee, University of Saint Francis, 2013
- Sabbatical, University of Saint Francis, 2010-2011
- Fellow, AACN Leadership for Nursing Program, 2008
- Tenured Nursing Faculty, University of Saint Francis, 2007
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- National League for Nursing (NLN)
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties (NONPF)
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- Coalition of Advanced Practice Nurses Association of Northeast Indiana
- Indiana Center for Nursing, executive board member
- Indiana Deans and Directors, member
- Midwest Alliance for Health Education (MAHE), executive board member
- Breckinridge School of Nursing at ITT Technical Institute, advisory board member
- A Collaboration to Improve the Mental and Behavioral Health of a Community (November, 2016) Podium presentation, Indiana Nursing Summit, Indianapolis, IN
- Handling Faculty-Student Complaints (May, 2015). Facilitator at the Council of Independent Colleges Workshop for Department and Division Chairs.
- Yoder, M. Schadewald, D. & Dietrich, K. (March/April 2015). “The effect of a Safe Zone on nurse interruptions, distractions, and medication administration errors”. Journal of Infusion Nursing, 38(2), 140-151.
- Distractions in the Health Care Setting: Patient Safety at Risk (May, 2014) Podium presentation, Infusion Nurse’s Society National Conference.
- One Community’s Practical Plan for Development and Implementation of Interprofessional Education Curriculum. (June, 2013). 90-minute workshop, Collaboration Across Borders IV Conference, Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Interprofessional Healthcare Teams: Implications for Education and Practice (March, 2013). Panelist, Future of Healthcare, Fort Wayne, IN.
- Medication Safety Zone (April 2013). Podium presentation, Sigma Theta Tau Xi Nu Nursing Research Showcase, University of Saint Francis.
- LaBarbera D, Kiersma M, Yoder M, Maldonado A, Poling D. (2012). Fort Wayne Area Interprofessional Consortium for Health Care Education: Interprofessional Education Seminar Series. MedEdPORTAL; Available from: www.mededportal.org/publication/9294.
- Yoder, M., & Schadewald, D. (2012). The effect of a safe zone on nurse distractions, interruptions, and medication administration errors. Western Journal of Nursing Research, 34(8), 1068-1069. doi:http://dx.doi.org.ezproxy.memphis.edu/10.1177/0193945912453687
- Faculty Mentoring: Supporting and Retaining Nursing Educators (November 2009). AACN 2009 Baccalaureate Education Conference, Chicago, IL.
- Implementing a protocol to reduce interruptions and distractions and medication administration errors – Doctor of Nursing Practice evidence-based project, 2011
- Factors impacting immunization status – Master of Science in Nursing thesis, 1996
- Miracle Camp for children grades 3-8, volunteer camp nurse
- “The Nursing Profession” presentation – Leo High School Career Exploration Opportunities Day, 2013
- Marriage Mentorship program development implementation – Brookside Church
View Mindy Yoder’s curriculum vitae.