Susan Lown, DNP, RN, CNE
Phone: 260.399.7700, ext. 8543
- Doctor of Nursing Practice – Indiana Wesleyan University, 2016
- Master of Science in Nursing – University of Saint Francis, 2009
- Master of Science in Health Science – University of North Florida, 1990
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing – State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, 1979
- National League of Nursing (NLN) Certified Nurse Educator, 2011-present
Awards and Recognitions
- University of Saint Francis Lily Endowment Award Recipient, 2016
- Spotlight on Nursing Scholarship Awardee, October 2015
- Outstanding Academic Achievement, Nursing Health Systems Track Award – University of Saint Francis, 2009
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing Inductee, 2009
- National League for Nursing
University of Saint Francis Ambassador, 2009-present
- Lown, S. & Arnold, L. (2014). Health career exploration programming for under-represented minority middle and high school students. Pulse Points
- Lown, S. (2011). Nursing department addresses aging population. Pulse Points
- Lown, S. (2011). International honor society of nursing active on campus. Pulse Points
- Lown, S. (2010). What is iConnect and why should you teach it? Illumination, 3(2), 1-2.
- Lown, S. (2009). A closer look at the role of clinical faculty: surviving the first year. Illumination, 2(6), 1-2.
- “Learning Style as a Predictor of First Time NCLEX-RN Success: Implications for Nurse Educators” – Doctor of Nursing Practice Change Project Poster Presentation, Indiana Wesleyan University, April 2016
- “Nursing Practice Development” – Indiana Wesleyan Doctoral Student Presentation, Shenyang Medical College, Shenyang, China October 15, 2015
- “Nursing Educators’ Influence on Student Nurses’ Ageist Attitudes” – 5th Annual Poster Fair, University of Saint Francis and Lutheran Hospital; December 2, 2008 Fort Wayne, IN.
- “Inner Strength in Women: A Universal Phenomenon with Relevant Implications for Nurses” – 4th Annual Poster Fair, University of Saint Francis and Lutheran Hospital; December 4, 2007 Fort Wayne, IN.
View Susan Lown’s curriculum vitae.